Trackers are used to measure clicks and impressions for creatives that are not served from the Yieldr platform. By using this an advertiser is still able to get clicks and impressions in the Yieldr reporting suite. Before you can create a tracker you need to have a tracker campaign where you want to measure your impressions and/or click in.
1. Create New Trackers:
To create a new tracker head over to the Supply > Managed Supply > Trackers and press the new Tracker button. A screen will pop up where you have to select the Site you want to use.
2. Tracker Settings:
In the tracker settings there are four fields, two of which are linked to each other.
- Name: Enter the name for you wish to use for the tracker. You will later be able to search for and report on the tracker using this name.
- Currency: Select a currency.
- Pricing Type: From the dropdown you can choose either CPM, which is in dollars or RevShare which will require a percentage. Chose the right value depending on the deal you have with the publisher.
- CPM Price: This is the CPM price in dollars you pay for the impressions. This option is only available when you choose Pricing Type CPM.
- Demand Filter: At this level it is mandatory to use the Demand Filter. You must link it to a tracker campaign you have created in the first 3 steps on the Demand side.
3. Generate Tracker:
Now that you have setup the tracker you need to export it so that you can send it to the publisher to implement. In order to do so go back to the site you created previously, select "show trackers" from the context menu. Then select one or more trackers you want to generate.
- Trackers: In this tab select the tracker you wish to generate.
- Secure Tracker: Here you can select whether you want the tracker to be secure (https://) or non-secure (http://)
- Macro's: You can add macro's to the tracker which the publisher's system can replace dynamically. We've predefined a few macro's for you, but also left you the ability to create custom macro's.
Please note that if you want to use a click tracker you should fill the field Click URL with the desired landing page or click macro, otherwise it will not re-direct properly.
4. Output Trackers:
Now that you've done all the steps above you can click on Get Trackers and the system will output two types of trackers. One to track impressions, and the other to track a click (the Landingpage URL). You can traffic these into your 3rd party system or send them to your publisher to implement.