At this point, the advertiser (and Tag) are fully operational. It is time to create an Insertion Order. Insertion Orders offer an additional layer of flexibility, letting you assign line items and campaigns to an advertiser (Advertiser > Insertion Order > Line Items > Campaigns). An advertiser can contain multiple insertion orders. To create a new Insertion Order, navigate in your advertiser to Demand > Insertion Orders and press the new-insertion-order button.
In settings, you have to select the following:
- Name: Enter the name for the insertion order. You will later be able to search for and report on the campaign using this name.
- State: The state is set to "Inactive" by default to prevent the underlying campaigns from spending before all necessary settings and creatives are complete. You can set the state to "Active" at any time if you define at least one budget.
The insertion order level will also provide a field to fill in your total budget of all campaigns for that specific insertion order. Any budget that you define will directly affect the summed amount of budget for all campaigns related to that insertion order for the given timeframe and act as a budget cap. Additionally, the budget will give you an overview of the daily spend needed - for this specific insertion order - in your reporting.
There are some rules of play for the insertion order budgets:
- You can only save the insertion order as “active” when you have one or more budgets defined for it.
- One or more budgets can be defined per insertion order.
- The campaigns that belong to the insertion order will only spend whenever a budget is defined for the current timeframe.
- As soon as the end date of a budget has been reached, that budget will no longer be applicable for the insertion order and the insertion order (and all of its campaigns) will stop spending if no new budget has been defined. (NOTE: we will not change the status of your insertion orders and/or campaigns).
- Any campaigns related to the insertion order will stop spending as soon as the defined budget for the current timeframe has been depleted. (NOTE: we will not change the status of your insertion orders and/or campaigns).
- Start date goes into effect at 00:00:00 UTC, end date will be reached at 23:59:59 UTC of the defined date.
- We do not allow budget timeframes to overlap (e.g. you can not have a budget that ends on May 8th and another budget that starts on May 8th of the same year).
*Budget capping will go into effect on August 1, 2017`